Friday, June 18, 2010

Everywhere and Back - Yerevan, Armenia






Today we did soooo much! The morning started at Echmiadzin (most famous church in Armenia). I lit 5 candles there, for my family, the Okutans, the Taylors and the grandparents (both sides). From there we went to a farm owned by one of the many Harouts related to my dad. It is managed by a man named Hovig. I saw little piggy's and was fed fresh strawberries and toot from the gardens! If you need to know anything about Armenia, its that the fruit here is heavenly! After that I went to a short meeting about my upcoming internship (on a less exciting day I will divulge more info about that). Than off to Mayr Hayastan (Mother Armenia). Than to the Cascades (last project built by the Russians before independence). And to end this ridiculous day we stopped at a the statue of Sassountsi Tavit (Mythical figure who fought Persians instead of being enslaved by them). Tonight we go out for a bit, eat some yummy food, than sleeeep! Tomorrow we are off to Afshar ..will definitely explain that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment